I love desert island questions! You know, like ‘What three items would you take with you?’ and all that. They are seriously so much fun. Desert Island questions and This or That questions. Better yet, Desert Island This or That questions. Ohhh, imagine the fun! My go-to question is ‘If you could take one movie, one song and one book with you to a desert island for a year, what would they be?’ The Philadelphia Story, Rio by Duran Duran and Greg Proops’ The Smartest Book in the World. That’s a lovely private party right there. Soooo, today I’ll celebrate my love for desert island questions (that Roberta Flack/Peabo Bryson song would have been a lot different if they’d named it that), and I’ll post my Top 5 movies I’d take with me to a desert island.
1. The Philadelphia Story (1940) – Like with everything else in my life, Kate Hepburn would get me through a year on a desert island. Also, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart. It’s one of those movies you never get tired of watching.
2. All about Eve (1950) – It’s just genius. So funny and witty. Also one of those movies you can watch over and over again.
3. The Apartment (1960) – It’s my favorite movie of all time.
4. Double Indemnity (1944) – I love noir and this is my favorite.
5. Meet me in St Louis (1944) – It’d be awesome to watch a musical on a desert island!
You know what, with the right amount of snacks and movies, the idea of spending a whole year on a desert island isn’t actually that bad…