So, my good friend Virginie from The Wonderful World of Cinema has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Basically, it’s an award given to bloggers/blogs and when one gets a nomination, they have to answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated them, then say 11 things about themselves, then nominate 11 blogs and ask them 11 questions and so on. So here they are!
- If you had to “promote” a not too well known classic film, what will be your choice?
The Big Combo (1955). Very underrated movie, even within the classic movie community.
2. You are participating to the making of a film. What’s your job?
I’m the screenwriter!
3. Do you share your birthday with one of your favourite movie stars? If yes, who?
Yes, Lauren Bacall. 16th September. I’m so proud of that!
4. What is your favourite movie score?
Probably Vertigo (1958).
5. How many films per week do you usually watch?
It depends. I really don’t know.
6. What do you think is the most CREATIVE movie ever made and why?
That’s a very, very difficult question. Depends on which aspect you’re looking at. As an aspiring screenwriter, I find ensemble cast movies the most creative, because there are many stories going on at the same time. So, probably Grand Hotel (1932).
7. Do you have a child name after a certain movie star or movie character? Or are you planning this for your future kid (if you plan to have one, or many!). I’ll tell you, I’m still young, but if I have a daughter one day, I’d love to call her Ingrid in honour of Ingrid Bergman!
I’m not planning on having children, but if I did, I’d name them Kate. You can probably guess why.
8. How much does classic films influence your everyday life?
Classic films ARE my life.
9. What are you planning to do to honour Olivia de Havilland’s on her centennial next July? 😉
I’ll probably watch The Heiress.
10. What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
Connecting with classic movie buffs, and sharing my passion. I also love binge-reading blogs. I can do it all day long.
11. Do you have any advises, suggestions for future bloggers?
Well, speaking of Ingrid Bergman, here’s one of her quotes: ‘Be yourself. The world worships the original.’
11 things about myself:
- I love 80s music. In fact, it’s my OTHER big passion. Actually, I love music in general, but the 80s are just the best. Duran Duran are my favorite band, I saw them live earlier this month and it was AWE to the SOME!
- I travel quite a lot, usually with my mum. London, New York, LA and Venice are my favorite cities, in that order.
- I love Agatha Christie. ‘And then there were none’ is my absolute favorite book of all time.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- I have two dogs, George and Geri. They’re labs, brother and sister, and they are the puppies of our dog Musa, who sadly passed away in 2012.
- My favorite tv show is Whose Line is it Anyway? When it came back in 2013 (against all odds), my mum and I went to LA to see a taping. We did the same thing in 2014.
- I met one of my closest friends, Denise, on YouTube, through classic movies.
- I’d love to work for TCM one day.
- My favorite food is burgers from Hard Rock Café.
- My favorite dink is Lemon Ice Tea.
- I love British panel shows.
Once upon a Screen…
**** 4 Star Films ****
The Motion Pictures
Vienna’s Classic Hollywood
The Hollywood Revue
Journeys in Classic Film
- What was the first classic film you ever saw?
- Who do you think is the queen of screwball comedies?
- And who’s the king?
- If you could go back in time to a specific year in Hollywood history, what year would that be and why?
- Which two stars do you wish had worked together in a movie?
- All about Eve (1950) or Sunset Boulevard (1950)?
- Have you ever been on the TCM cruise? If so, how was it?
- Does anybody in your family share your love of the classics?
- What is your favorite decade in terms of movies and why?
- What is your favorite book about Hollywood?
- If you could have witnessed the shooting of any movie, which movie would you choose?